second hand smoke. is it as bad for your child as it is for your unborn child? did you put down the cigs when you found out you were preg and then pick them back up?

do you not think that second hand smoke is JUST AS BAD for your child as it is for your unborn child.
Sorry i just had to vent. I just hear so many people nagging about mothers who smoke while preg. but yet they do it around their kids? What is the difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's bad no matter what... Pregnant or not, there's no reason to have it around children...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree its bad no matter what. When I found I was pregnant with DS I stopped right then and havent touched them since.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It's worse when you are pregnant because it affect the blood gases going to the baby. That impacts the baby's development. Smoking during pregnancy is worse than using crack cocaine. Women should stop smoking before they ttc.

Second hand smoke is bad for kids. It's bad if you smoke in another area of the house or if you smoke in the house when they are gone. It's even bad on your clothes and in your hair. One of the safe co-sleeping guidelines is that people that smoke should not sleep with their babies.

In Indiana one forth of all pregnant women admit smoking. Over half of babies go home to an environment where someone smokes. That doesn't count apartments that get second hand smoke from neighbors. I happen to know Indiana statistics because I went to graduate school there.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Nicotine gets into your blood stream when you are pregnant - not 2nd hand smoke. Fetus' in utero do not "breathe"
    Anonymous

• I quit when I found out I was pregnant and picked the habit back up about 3 months after i delivered. I don't smoke in my house, car or around my children.
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant accidently, and was already going through a rough time in life. i quit for the first 3 months of my pregnancy, and then me and my SO started fighting really bad and we broke up. i was really lonley and hanging out with a friend one night & she went to smoke a ciggerate, i thought that i could just smoke one ciggerate because i was so stressed out, which i know was wrong, but in my crying fit i convinced myself one wouldnt be that bad, and then one turned into 2 into a pack, from there on i would quit for 2 weeks then smoke for 2 weeks etc., last 2 months i smoked 3 ciggerates a day. now that my son is here, & ive seen his face & realized how much i love him, smoking while pregnant is something i will never forgive myself for or stop feeling guilty about. ive had nightmares over it. however, i still smoke. not in the house, wether hes here or not. or in the car, or anywhere around him. if i go outside to smoke,
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i change my clothes, mouthwash, and wash my hands. ive been trying constantly to quit. ill quit for 2 days, get stressed out, smoke again. i think my biggest problem is being bored. i dont work. and im afraid that ill get fatter if i quit. but im determined to quit by may. im even considering getting hypnotized. it worked for my grandma. i know you have good intentions with this post, but alot of people speak of quitting ciggerates like its no big deal, and maybe for some people its not. but for me, im really really struggling. believe me, i want to quit more then anything. for me, for my son, for the fact that i live in NY and pay 8 dollars a pack. buts its really fucken hard.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i dont work

for the fact that i live in NY and pay 8 dollars a pack

no offense but how the hell do u manage that? let me tell you that would be a sure fire way to make me quit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2010