Any prescriptions?

Ok so my baby (8 month) went last week to her check up and was perscribed Flouride (for teeth) she had been prescribed vitamins last time she went in January. So my question is just any one else giving prescriptions to there babys?????

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weird! I've never heard of prescribing Flouride. My son did have prescriptions for relux when he was only months old. I buy his vitamins (poly-vi-sol) over the counter and I figured a dentist would him them flouride later on. I actually thought flouride was bad because my toddler training toothpaste doesn't have it in it. Will you please tell us more?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The vitamins are over the counter the poly-vi-sol and the fluoride is Sodium Fluoride drops and I give her 1/2 ML by mouth every day
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• We dont have any prescriptions for our son at 8 months old. Ive never heard of that other than when theres a medical concern. Fluoride at that age? Is there fluoride in your water? Id do some research because if there is, she may be getting too much of it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I buy her special water for babies. they didnt check any blood or anything like that they just gave it to her cause she has 2 teeth already
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You must not have flouride in your water supply. It is easy to reach the toxic dose of flouride. They don't even put flouride in kids toothpaste because they might swallow instead of spit out and that small amount could cause problems. Eating toothpaste can kill you. I agree that you want to do more research before you do the drops.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• well they say they are Sodium Fluoride
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You must live in an area without flouridated water or they did it because you are still using baby water and not tap.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I live in Napa,CA
    and they didnt even ask anything about what kind of water do I use
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Ask your dentist or pediatrician to prescribe fluoride drops or tablets. In this form, fluoride is beneficial up to about ages 11-12. Napa currently does not have fluoridated water. This should change in the near future.
    http://www.johnsondmd.com/library.html?ID=11
    CDC has a "My water's fluoride" section and is shows no fluoride in Napa's water.
    http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/MWF/SearchResultsV.asp?Startpg=1&Endpg=20&State=CA&StateName=California&PWSID=&PWSName=&Filter=0&County=Napa&Sortby=1
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• they are drops
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2010