Whats are some ways to play with a child that likes to be picked up when under Drs orders not to lift.

I'm 30 weeks preg and my Dr dosen't want me lifting my two and a half year old at all and has even advised me against having her in my lap for very long. Any time i try to play with her she wants to be picked up or held and crys when I don't. I feel so bad not being able to do the things she enjoys with her, what can I do to give her the attention she wants without braking Drs orders?

MageGirl523

Asked by MageGirl523 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sit on the floor with her, sit in the bed with her, lay with her. Love and kiss on her alot and let her know it may hurt mommy if I pick up such a big girl. lol I had that problem when I tore my rotator cuff in my arm. My daughter was a baby them and it just broke my heart because I could not pick up my baby for the longest. I had to play with her on the bed and try other things like what I suggested. Good luck.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It's hard! You can do things with her in your bed. If you can have someone move a tv in your room so you can watch tv or videos with her. Have toys and books that you can play with in bed. Being in bed is easier than being on the floor but that is another alternative. A rolling chair is another way to be in a position that she won't expect to be held.

I was on bedrest with my youngest. My husband deserted us. I had a 4 year old and an 8 year old. While the 8 year old was at school I had my 4 year old in bed with me the whole time. We watched a lot of TV and movies and I thought I ruined him for life. It turns out he doesn't watch that much TV at all. He can tell you a lot about old movies like what color dresses fairy godmothers wore in Disney movies and what  color head bands the different Teenage Mutnant Ninja Turtles had. He is an adult now.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Playdoh, painting, cooking....sit on the couch and let her climb up to you. Have her bring you things and be mommy's helper. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010