I know I'm being a big fat baby, but...

My husband is out of town for regional meetings. I don't know how I'm goign to sleep by myself. I haven't had to sleep by myself since I was 17, and even then I shared a room. Now I will be in the house, just me and my 2 year old. I KNOW I'm going to have such a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep.

My husband does go out of town pretty frequently for work, but until now my daughter has always been in bed with me. I would bring her into the bed with me, but we just gave it a trial run, and she woke up a lot and wanted to nurse (we nightweaned recently) and tossed and turned... we ended up both of us sleeping miserably lol.

So, any advice on how a lonely, codependant pregnant woman can get to sleep for the next two nights without her husband?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the pp's - put some of his cologne, deodorant, etc on his pillow. Take a soothing, warm shower or bath about an hour before bed (obviously not too hot, since you're pg). A warm cup of non caffeinated tea about an hour before bed.

Use self hypnosis / relaxation / meditation methods - lay on the bed in a comfortable position, and concentrate on relaxing each part of your body, sort of "pushing" the tension out. Focus on clearing your mind. This can help, too.

Don't just lay there and dwell on it - if you can't sleep, read a book, get up and do something, etc. Then, try again in about an hour.

Also, it might be hard now, but, over time, it does get easier. NOT that you LIKE it better or anything like that, but you adjust to it, and it will get easier to sleep without him there. (Trust me on this, almost 18 yrs as a military wife, I know from experience...)

good luck, and hang in there - you can do this!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Get yourself a body pillow and spray it with his cologne. lol
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I didn't know your pregnant. Congrats.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I wear one of his shirts when mine is away for the night. I also stay up late and make sure I am really tired when I go to bed. Maybe cuddle his pillows. I always try to remember how nice it is to have the whole bed to myself.
    Big Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No advice here. I love having the bed to myself.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 11:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I know what your going through. Dh is gone for 2 months at a time. When he comes home he trades out clothes. I'll keep one of his shirts and not wash it so it smells like him. I also pour his soap into a hot shower and make our room smell like him.

I do get lonely and I do miss him so those are the things I do.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• a bed to yourself??WOW how nice! Whats the problem?! LOL I am sure you will manage:)
    Anonymous

• i have the same problem i use a teddy bear i know childish but it works for me
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• List off the things that are nice about having the bed to yourself...like room to sprawl out and stretch as much as you want, you can take all the blankets to make your pregnant body comfy, set room temperatures and lighting and noise level to just how you like it, no snoring, etc.
    Anonymous

• I love it when I get the bed to myself!! My husband was working nights and came home late so he would sleep on the couch, I got used to sleeping alone. Now he is home nights and it's so irritating with him moving and making noises. I think you will be fine, and you will even enjoy it. (how can you sleep with a child? Mine is worse than my hubby!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2010