your thoughts..?

i was talking to someone who has children that are my age. she told me about one of her daughter - this one is exactly my age.. that she believed that giving head - oral sex is Not sex and that she was in no way degrading herself...

now we are 24 and i know quite a few girls who did that before they had sex like it was nothing. like drinking juice. i didn't. I am a very shy anxious person so i never got into the having sex with a lot of people like i saw a lot of my peers doing..

I am wondering. oral sex IS sex. how the bleep did this get started? seriously. does the trend of certian sexual acts not being considered sex scare anyone

I am 24

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 11:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Media....We allow the media to influence our children and tell them it's a females "duty" to perform oral sex to gain popularity and respect from males.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• When she gets an STD from oral she'll think it's not harmful.

I don't think it's sex-by definition it's not. But I do think it is a big deal.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think some girls thinking is oral sex is not going all the way and if they do that they are in some way still saving themselves.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• We need better sex education, that's all I can say about. Everyone is so afraid to tell kids anything that they do stupid crap like this and make up their own rules. It's not like when they turn 18 they magically know things adults would know. We have to teach them sometime of look what happens.
    Anonymous

• ha yea. but if ur doing it with people you just met 2 hours ago .. to get his attention. Yea i knew girls who did this.

media is media but really one cant just say it's the medias fault. the one girl her mother only got to see her every other weekend because the father had custody - didn't care what his kids did. the mom told me that the father was never around and let his daughters have men over sleeping in their beds with them whenever - 14 years old guys were def already over
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• THATS SEX ! DAM ! !
    Anonymous

• I think talking to your kids about sex should include anything that exchanges bodily fluids so oral sex is sex. I taught my guys about this and maybe sometimes when your talking about sex some people get uncomfortable about talking about oral sex so they do not talk about it so therefore it must not be sex.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• First, it IS sex. Second, and this is in NO way meant to be a political bash, because people who track these sorts of things with political leanings from BOTH sides agree on this -

A lot of the big change in attitude over whether or not oral sex is, in fact "sex" started around the Monica Lewenski scandal, when then Pres. Clinton was having oral sex preformed on him by a young White House intern. He said that he had not had sex with her (whether or not he should have been asked that is debatable, and NOT the point here), then, it was proven that he had - that she had preformed oral sex on him. He tried to back pedal from it, by saying that he didn't really count that as sex.

There was a huge political and social flap over it, and it did have an influence on society - there were people who chose to take this approach, as an excuse to do what they wanted, which evolved into people who really don't get that it IS sex.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• By the way - legally, "rape" which is an act of control and dominance that uses sex as a weapon - is defined as any penetration - whether oral, anal, or vaginal.

So, since forced oral penetration is an act of rape, then, it should stand to reason that consensual oral penetration would be defined as sex.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• President Clinton told the world oral sex wasn't sex. He is wrong. It IS sex and it is NOT SAFE sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2010