Transcription.

I am looking to honestly make a move. My heart longs to be home with my children but our pocket book does not allow that. I am looking into what ever area truely will allow me to do a JOB at home that I could eventually replace my current income.
I have been interested in transcriptipn but I need to ask if anyone can tell me where I can pursue this thought since I know that for medical I need training that wont leave me broke and worse off than I am.

Thank you

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 11:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I took a course through Oak Horizons. As a nurse, i was able to take a short course. It cost $700 plus books an materials (another $200? I found stuff on ebay and amazon). When I was done, I had a hard time finding work. I know some of the other girls in my online class got work, but maybe I wasn't aggressive enough. I'm just now packing up my books to get rid of them. If you're interested in materials, let me know!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• USCareerInstitute.com
    This is a great school that I attended all from home. I received my certificate for med trans. I've been looking for the past 3-4 yrs for a work from home trans job. Everyone wants at least 2yrs experience in an office or hospital setting before they hire you on to work from home. I had a 97% GPA, passed with flying colors, and still no luck. But you may have better luck than me. Otherwise, the school is very affordable, and had great training. I turned to Scentsy for my income from home!!
    www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Happy to help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I used to do this from home.  Check out this post in my Blog:

Transcription

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I dont trust any other school but the one I went to(online schools anyway) although mine was paid with military funds, the school has payment plans and schalorships.

If all else fails call they school so they can direct you the school has a video on my blog(click here) and a link for you toget an VERY nice infomration pack.

Let me know if you have any questions about the school.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• A note on what Nico R said about having 2 years experience, the school I went to is the only school that I know of that employers waive the 2 years experience, the school has contracts with employers, this school is your best bet!  click here to see the video and get an info pack.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Im going to PM you another option...B/c Everything I read on this subject ACROSS the board, from thread to thread on every single message board says the same thing...and transcription is all going over to digital and weeding out the people....There are more transcribers than jobs now like every other field.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am going for the same thing. I start classes in the summer and it is a 2 year course. You CAN get a certificate but it is better to go the 2 years instead of one. Good luck. You can message me for more info.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010