Currently on Birth control Mirena, want to get it taken out soon Hubby and I want another child. Was wondering if anyone had any problems trying to concieve or not after using Mirena IUD?

Hi I have a Daughter about to turn 2 and my Husband and I really want another one. I'm currently on the IUD Mirena is worried I won't get pregnant again after I have it taken out, heard it can make you fertile and people trying for years who have had the mirena. Do i need to worry about this? was wondering if anyone has had mirena and had babies afterwards and how long it took to get pregnant???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No problems here.

I thought it would be a long process because it took about a year to get pregnant with our first, then I had a mirena, and ended up getting pregnant within 2 weeks of getting it removed.

I knew I was supposed to be instantly fertile when they removed it, but I was still surprised how fast it went given my history.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I was told when i had mine removed to go trough one menstrual cycle and then i can get pregnant. Its been a little over month since i had it taken out. I went trough a period now were TTC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Well in my case I had it taken out in July of 2009. I still haven't gotten pregnant but I also have really irregular periods as well. I wish you the best of luck.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Had mine removed March 1st and took a pg test on easter and tonight and both showed up positive
    Goodluck momma
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Had my Mirena removed on June 23rd of this year and I am now 12 and a half weeks preggo! I pretty much got pregnant about 10 days after having it removed. Good luck, and stay positive!
    pudgieme206

Answer by pudgieme206 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010