ok i am 39 weeks and 2 days i went to the dr today and he was goin to stip my membranes to try and jump start labor! they wanna do this because my baby boy seems to be quite big! So when he went to strip my membranes my cervix was still to far back and he couldn't do it! He said i am 1cm but my cervix is still to far? what does that mean and is there anyways to get my cervix to come down???

babymamma0219

Asked by babymamma0219 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are not yet at a point to warrant forcing labor. Just walk around. Your date can be off as much as 2 weeks. So, if you had it now and it was really meant to be born at 42 weeks...then it would come 3 weeks early. Give your body time, it kows when to start birth and if your cervix is still high, then, obviously your baby needs a little longer to cook. Trying to force it can backfire and cause you to end up with a c-section.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• PP is right, your due date is just an estimate, your baby may not be ready fir another 2 weeks. Walk around and stay hydrated, that is all you can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i dont care what anyone is going to say. your doctor and you are stupid period! why the hell would you even consider stripping your membranes? why cant woman just let them selves be pregnant until the CHILD is ready to come out. Holy crap! im 40 weeks 5 days and i still didnt have my son.. go ahead and report me but you are ignorant for even letting him do this to you. obviously YOUR BODY ISNT READY
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• There is nothing you can do. Unlike how rude PP I can word it nicer.
    You can't force labor nothing you would do would help. Your body is not ready yet. You will efface when your body is ready for labor.
    The baby actually controls this. They release a horomone to send you in to labor when they are ready. I was 40 weeks exactly with my first and wasn't even dialated. Later that evning I started labor hard. I went 4 days of screaming pain then I had him at 40 weeks 4 days.
    It will all happen as it is ment to
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• im not rude im true to what i say. its the truth, the OP is stupid period, there is no other word to define her.. you let mother nature takes it course and not force to give birth just because... and i will say whatever i want especially what i said was true about OP and the doctor.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am sorry but it is rude, you could had been desent in how you said it. I don't agree with people pushing labor when it is not medically needed but there is no reason to call her stupid.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• ok so i should say im so sorry for being honest? what should of i said instead then? I cant find another world to define her Doctor and her..
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• word***
    aeroslove

• Her Dr may be stupid but it is just mean to be that hateful to her.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• oh well! i am not hateful, lol thats just crazy. you dont know me. it just pisses me off woman cant handle pregnancy and want a child out asap. Dont get pregnant if you cant handle it baby.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2010