Help, don't know what to do.

How do I get an appointment for my first prenatal check up. I have no idea what to do. My insurance doesn't cover prenatal care. What do I do????? I am going to try medical but I don't know if I will get approved because I still have insurance. But it will cancel when I turn 19 in August and my baby is due around November/December. I tried to get other insurance also, but couldn't. Help Help Help!!

jamieto

Asked by jamieto at 12:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have you heard of "Aim" google that and find out if you can get it,what kinda insurance do you have that wont cover your pregnancy?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Just apply for medicaid. That is all you can do. Until then find a women's clinic and go as a cash patient. They usually can help you with the medicaid app too

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You go to the dr and pay for it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Apply for medicaid?
    Anonymous

• It what people who have kids they can't afford do. Live off the taxpayers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• btw im glad to hear you are still gonna be a mommy
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Frankly, some people are rude and apparently didn't listen to their mothers when she said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" Firstly, ignore rude people... and calm down. Most women and childrens clinics will accept payment options, (say 50 a week or so)and then if you still can't afford that, or still in need of help(don't be ashamed we all need a hand at some point in life)Drop your insurance, and apply for medical help, or just apply for medical help and tell them your sitution. And what kind of insurance company doesn't cover prenatal care!that's crazy. Hope I helped.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• If your insurance doesn't cover prenatal care, apply for Medicaid. I've never heard of an insurance not covering prenatal care... sounds silly b/c they will end up paying a lot more in the end... but I'm sure it's possible w/ all the plans out there now.

DEF get the care you need, no matter what way you get it. It cuts WAY down on your chances of pregnancy complications.

GL
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Find a crisis pregnancy center in your area. If you need help finding one in your area, let me know.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010