Has anyone dealt with depression that started in pregnancy?

So I have an awesome life...a great husband, a wonderful 3-year old, 2 dogs, a cat, and a fish. My life is pretty much amazing. Unfortunately that has been dampered by the "joys of pregnancy." I have had a wretched pregnancy consisting of constant puking, horrid pain, and now severe elevated heart rates and shortness of breath. My first pregnancy had its own set of horrid ailments. This pregnancy, unlike my first, is taking a MAJOR toll on my sanity. I feel like if something doesn't change in the next 7 weeks (that's how long I have left) I am going to have to be admitted to some sort of looney bin. Has anyone else dealt with these type feelings? What did you/your doctor do to help with the symptoms? I appreciate any advice you can give...besides to suck it up...I've heard that one way too much lately. That one doesn't help with the sanity aspect that I'm trying to keep.

jdelain79

Asked by jdelain79 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• your hormones are raging, your body is changing and your waiting for your new addition to arrive....you have the right to feel like you feel. make sure your getting plenty of sleep and alone/me time!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I wuld ask my Dr. for an anti depressant. But I think it's mostly your hormones. It will pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• *would
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010