When you make Pasta Carbonara, do you somehow cook the eggs after stirring them in or do you eat them raw?

All of the recipes I have seen say to stir in the eggs as the last step. Are you supposed to cook them or are you supposed to eat them raw?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm thinking the heat from the pasta cooks the eggs....
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• They are basically raw... it's best to keep the pasta super hot to try and cook the eggs as much as possible.
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 12:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My recipe the eggs and cream and parmesan cheese and other spices are mixed together and then poured over the cooked pasta as soon as it's drained. The heat from the pasta cooks the eggs, but we also will have it over some heat until the entire dish is warm to hot, so the eggs are fully cooked that way too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• OP here. Thank you! I made this tonight and I wasn't really sure what to do at the end so I turned the heat back on for a few minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2010