what test and all do they do at the dr when you are having trouble ttc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• First it depends on how long you have been ttc. If it's been at least a yr then most likely they will discuss things with you. they will ask about your period history and any abnormalties that you may have found. They will probably ask if you know if you ovulate or not (you can buy tests at the store to find out if and when each month you ovulate). When they did me I had an ultrasound done and bloodwork. They checked my FSH and TSH (I think) and some other levels. They found I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Sometimes they can run a test to see if you have any blocked tubes as well. GL!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• what can block tubes? can they unblock tubes? i have'nt had my period from being on bc. We just now decided we want to ttc but its only been a few months and no luck and i'm guessing its because i haven't gotten my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My sis had a problem getting pregnant at 36. Her Dr. told her to take Robitussin! It thins the mucus in your cervix. My niece will be 7 months old soon. Worth a try!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Usually after getting off BC it can take up to a year to get pregnant. It doesn't always take that long but it can. But a friend of mine was having trouble ttc and the doc told her to elevate her bottom half while having sex and stay that way for an hour afterwards. And don't use the bathroom for the first hour either. She is now 8 1/2 mths along. So good luck.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 1:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Not having a period and blocked tubes aren't really related. You won't ovulate if you have blocked tubes, but you can still have a period and not ovulate. I do it all the time, it sucks. And like said above it can take a yr to get pregnant after being off BC. It may just take awhile for your body to get back on it's feet.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 9:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010