Grrr

Right now DH and I are working opposite shifts. He works 9-6 and I usually work 5-11. So he gets the baby every night. he's been making really snotty comments about me having it easy during the day and all she does at night is cry adn blah blah blah. I finally got sick of it and told him fine, I'd quit my job and he can get a second job so he won't have to deal with anything. And he got mad at me and said hes not working two jobs so i can sit on my ass all day. I just picked up the baby and left for a few hours. I'm sorry I have to work so we cna pay bills! How on earth do couples survive the first year without killing eachother??????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• WINE
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• idk...maybe you can change the babies routine to help her sleep better for him at night so he wont be so pissy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The first year is stressful for sure. And we have twins. Your husband sounds like a dickhead though....of course most men turn into that once a baby arrives. Want to know the REAL reason why? THEY ARE JEALOUS! Men never do really grow up and when baby comes along it takes the attention away from them. I swear my Dh and I fought so much when our twins were in their first year I swore we were gonna end up divorced. The twins are 20 months now and things are a lot better. Hang in there. And getting out with the baby when you can to get away from him and give him some "alone" time is a good idea, even when you aren't fighting. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You picked the baby up and left with her? As punishment you should have left the baby with him.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i think the first year is very hard too. sorry mama. hopefully this will get easier for you both. my dh would never stay with the babies before they were one with the first two, and boy would he complain when dinner was not on the table when he came home, or if the house was not perfect. he has come a long way though! dh and i have been together 10 years now, and i still can't believe how different we are, and how different we think about things. it is very hard to be on the same page sometimes!
    i hope you are both feeling better today :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Well leaving won't solve anything. The first year is very difficult. As long as when you two argue, you know that you'll forgive and move forward, it'll be fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Don't blame the baby. He'd probably be an ass no matter what! All men are not like this.Nothing really changed in our lives after our son was born except we have no spontaneity anymore.
    Anonymous