Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know that the possiblity of miscarriage has gone way down now but is this still normal?

I worry because I have miscarried 3 times before. I am 14 weeks and 5 days I am still getting some pretty rough cramps, They are usually in the same spots. I had an ultra sound at 6 & 7 weeks and we did see the heartbeat and was told things looked great. I have not seen a Dr since due to moving. I have a new Dr but I am waiting for them to get the papers from my other Dr so we can set the appointment. They wont set one til they have the previous paper work. I will most likely be about 15 1/2 - 16 weeks when I get to talk to the Dr. I am just wondering if these kinds of cramps are still normal?

Answer Question
 
Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 6 (122 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • the only time i cramped bad during my pregnancy with my son was when i had a UTI around 16 wks. The other two before him was miscarriages
    shay1130

    Answer by shay1130 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Thanks. I am hopeing things are fine but I have to wait to see.
    Mrs.Owen86

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • i know its hard not to worry and stress after having that happen. I remember every time i would go to the bathroom i would be afraid to look. i think you are probably in the clear though. congrats!
    shay1130

    Answer by shay1130 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Only in one spot? Could it be round ligament pains? Otherwise, I would think shay might be right in thinking it could be a UTI. That happened to me too, although it was mostly dull cramping that radiated outward.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Normal :)

    1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage, but 85% of miscarriages occur before 12 weeks. That means you have a 3% or less chance of miscarrying at this point. That's a 97% chance that everything is totally fine! Keep that in mind, mamma!
    Ati_13

    Answer by Ati_13 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Thanks ladies. Yes anon one spot it is really annoying. I will be telling the Dr as soon as I can.
    I too am scared to look even now when I go pee. I swear everytime I feel even just discharge I freak out. I just can't wait to hear this little ones heartbeat.
    Thanks Ati That makes me feel SO much better ! LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • I had ligament pains from about the 4th month until I delivered my DD. There were a few times I thought I was miscarrying because it hurt so badly!
    Hopefully it's just that :)
    Good luck!
    emslala

    Answer by emslala at 3:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • I miscarried 3 times as well. I also had cramps around the time that you are at now, and it is still normal to have some cramps. Also, because you are worrying, do you think that maybe you are making them to be rough? I know that I did. Every bump, tug, pull that experienced had me panicing that I was going to start having cramps. And then I would have cramps. I wouldn't worry about them unless they are severe, or you are spotting or bleeding. Someone also mentioned round ligament pains. That is also a possibility.

    What ever happens, I wish you the best of luck!
    etsmom

    Answer by etsmom at 5:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • You're prob ok, but if you're really worried, go to the ER. I've never heard of a dr not wanting to see you until they got the previous rec's but I guess every dr is different.
    Luvmylilmonkies

    Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Have you told them about the cramping? I would have concerns with accepting a Dr. that did not get you in as soon as possible, even if it is just to provide you with reassurance. I still have strong cramping somedays and then only a little the next. It must be normal. I have never miscarried and this baby is doing great. I am 16 weeks at this point, but I also have a
    Dr. that lets her patients come in as often as they wish to have their urine checked, heartbeat heard, and if they can't find the heartbeat then they move you over to the ultrasound room. The belief of this Dr. is that trusting the mom and helping to reduce her stress is very preventative. That said...she is the only Dr. that allows this in town. You are pretty far along at this point, try to trust in that. God bless...
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN