A change of pace

I see some negative questions and comments on CM tonight. I understand there is going 2 be a level of that on any free speech site, but I just wanted 2 change the pace a bit. So thank you 2 all the cafe moms that give sound advice and constructive criticism. And if yall dont mind.. please post a small note with a positive experience either from cafemom or elsewhere that u have experienced recently. God bless and have a great night!

Tzutchka

Asked by Tzutchka at 1:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the other day i left the grocery store and i saw a man (i would guess around 70 yrs old) sitting outside his truck in the parking lot wanting to sell these hand carved bowls he made. They werent really anything fancy or even pretty but i felt bad for the guy sitting out in the heat and all. So i turned around and went back and asked him about the bowls and you could tell he was excited to have me there. Anyways, i ended up giving the guy 20 bucks for a peice of wood with a cat face drawn on it with a sharpie. For some reason i just felt drawn to the old man. I felt like i did something good. I think the old man thought his work was great...he handed me a peice of scrap wood with his name and phone number on it and told me to tell all my friends and family about him. Our cats love the bowl so...it was worth the 20 dollars.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• thank u shay. u may have been the blessing that man needed. simple things (things that mean nothing 2 the rest of us) may mean the world 2 another person. Bless u 4 seeing that mans need, Your 20 dollars will come back 2 u 10 fold. Not to mention the great feeling u get 4 doing a good deed! thanks 4 sharing! Be Blessed!!!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I became an Aunt over Easter weekend for the first time ever! I have three siblings and my younger brother just welcomed his son into the world on Saturday. Having a child of my own, I was nowhere near prepared for the love and joy I would feel for a child that wasnt even mine. He is so beautiful and perfect and I already love him so much.
    Just thinking about my baby brother being a Daddy brings tears to my eyes and I am SO proud of him. He is such a good Dad, up all night with baby and just in heaven.

I am completely beside myself. What an unexpected feeling of unconditional love. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Amen anon!!!!...one of the best things we can experience is the love 4 a child. Spoil that baby with all the love u can give!! And give baby brother an extra hug for giving u such a wonderful gift! Enjoy your nephew and hopes 4 many more nieces/ nephews 2 come!!! :)
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I was posting back and forth with a woman on one of the boards I'm a member of (one for military wives). Come to find out, she had just moved to the same (pretty small) base that I live at - in Japan, and, come to find out - our daughters are friends!

This was just before the holidays. We have since become friends in "real life" - and think it's funny that here we both live 1/2 way around the world from most of the people on here, and have teenage daughters that are friends, we didn't actually start to talk until we met here. Our dd's just laugh at us about it lol!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Sorry - I missed that it could be from outside of Cafemom as well. My dd was traveling with her soccer team, and they were a days bus ride from here - aprox 12 - 14 hrs from home. She hurt her wrist (come to find out, she broke it). Her coach wrapped it and gave her ice for it and gave her motrin.

Her teammates and the boys team (which was also down there - my ds plays with them) - all teenagers (which, as we know, often have the reputation of being very self absorbed) - were all so kind to her - the girls packed her bags and carried them for her. The boys were worried about her. They all made sure at every stop that she had fresh ice for it. They helped open her drink bottles, tie her shoes, cut up her food when they stopped to eat, etc. Not just her friends on the team or the adults - but all the kids. They were very caring towards her, and very appreciated!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• what a great testimpny to the love of others. It is wonderful to see teens being kind hearted and loving towards one another. thank u for the post!!!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've been feeling a little stressed lately because my mom is always on me about me breastfeeding "too long for my health", and I blew off some steam about it on Facebook. My mom's oldest sister, who lives in Texas and whom I never see anymore posted that I was doing the best thing I could and to keep it up. Made my morning.:)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010