I took a pregnancy test and the whole window turned pinkish purple, what does this mean?

I have been having sex with my husband for who knows how long without a condom and I am still not pregnant! (I am not on the pill) Anyways, I took a test today and it showed up with pinkish purple on the whole window and on the part where you pee on. What does this mean? I am going to a doctor tommorow morning with my husband, so I guess we will see how that goes. I have also been having abdominal pains below my belly button, nausea, throwing up and I have massive mood swings. Any advice?

nicoledeadhead

Asked by nicoledeadhead at 2:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like it could had been a dud test. Sorry, I would just wait it out for the dr. Good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Sounds like the test was either defective or wasn't performed right. Did you get the control line? If you didn't see a control line then the test is totally inaccurate.

If you're NOT pregnant, get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Sometimes women think there are fertility problems when really they're just not having sex at the right time :)

Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Yep, sounds like a defective test. Sending you some baby dust! Good luck!

baby dust

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• try and have sex every other day or every two days......and take prenatal vitamins i did and got pregnant after a few months i was trying for almost 2yrs i believe the prenatal pills helped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• thank you everyone! I will let everyone know how the doctor went
    nicoledeadhead

Answer by nicoledeadhead at 2:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• it did seem like a bad test since I did get it from the 99 cent store. haha
    nicoledeadhead

Answer by nicoledeadhead at 2:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It means you are going to have a girl.
    Anonymous