how can i get to sleep at night???

i can't sleep at night. the only time i sleep at night is when i 'm curled up next to my boyfriend. other then that i just stay awake all night. i've tried sleeping pills they don't work it went from 1/2 a pill to a full pill now 2 pills an nothing is working someone please help me sleep!!!

diana2630

Asked by diana2630 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• Try Chamomile tea before bed. You should also talk to your Dr. They may need to give you something different to help you sleep.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Valerian Root

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• take 2 benedryl. knocks me out in 20 minutes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The best thing would be to get to the root of the problem. Why can you only sleep well next to your boyfriend? Are you scared or insecure about something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Melatonin can help. Usually when I cant sleep it's because I cant turn my brain off (if ya know what I mean) but I dont seem to have that problem when my husband is here with me. I've found that if I count backwards by 3s from a really high number it distracts me and I fall asleep before I get to 0.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• no i'm not scared or anything i think i just like having him next to me...an i haven't been able to sleep well since i was about 8? Nicoled02 - thanks i'll try that first going up then coming down. or else i try reciting poems or something like that...numbers just kinda drive me crazy. an no kind of tea helps. an it's not unusual for me to stay awake for almost 3 - 6 days with no sleep. i tried cutting out all sweets (except root beer) an coffee but nothing works. an doctors don't help i already tried. i just don't get why i can sleep well next to my bf an yet i can't sleep anywhere else.
    diana2630

Answer by diana2630 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• what is Valerian tea??
    diana2630

Answer by diana2630 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2010