How do you feel about this aspect of the Health Reform bill?

I am never on this area of cafemom, but I just found out that in the bill, they actually prevent undocumented people from purchasing THEIR OWN PRIVATE INSURANCE. I simply cannot believe that. Are they just going to continue to impact ER's? Are they going to be too afraid to go, and just die? I am very concerned about this. I think it is so wrong to specifically include that in the bill. What do you think?
BTW, I am not a liberal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The ACLU will step in. You just wait.....
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 8:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Thats ok, Obama will give them all amnesty and in that new bill they will be able to get the healthcare just as legal Americans can.. They will have to get money from the government just like they were legal Americans because they make so little. If they didn't they would still be using the ERs and we would be paying for uninsured people twice over. After all thats the Dems reasoning for needing healthcare, that we pay for them already when they go to the ER right? Yep, So we have to pay for them or this lousy bill will be a waste(dripping with sarcasm)
    Don't you worry your pretty little self, by the time this is in effect in 2014 they will be entitled to government health care just as you or me and they won't even have to pay for it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The next big thing congress is working on is an amnesty bill. Part of the "good idea" of the idea is that all the new legal workers will help us pay for the health care bill. They go hand in hand and have been planned to work out together.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Exactly historymama..all a big ass ponzi scheme ..some of the reasoning? Oh gee I just wonder..VOTES.We the legal American folks are the fools.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Once he gets the amnesty thing through, there won't be any more illegals, so it won't matter. Although I think that we should follow the law concerning illegals......and not grant amnesty to anyone who happens to be here. There is a legal way to become a citizen, which is what we should be promoting, rather than discussing amnesty for thousands and thousands of (technically) criminals.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010