Do you think this should be in the bill?

Okay in the healthcare bill now law there is a section about helping Native American children that are victims of molestation. BUT... there is a part of it that says it will give funds to help the Native American PERP be rehabilitated.

SEC. 713. CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE AND PREVENTION TREATMENT PROGRAMS.

'(1) victims of sexual abuse who are Indian children or children in an Indian household; and

'(2) perpetrators of child sexual abuse who are Indian or members of an Indian household.

(b) Use of Funds- Funding provided pursuant to this section shall be used for the following:

1-4 is about certain funds helping the children and then

'(5) To identify and provide behavioral health treatment to Indian perpetrators and perpetrators who are members of an Indian household--

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why single out Indians?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I noticed several paybacks for the Native Americans. I don't have a problem with restitution to Indians if it is due but this is not it. Just a Liberals idea of helping cure what ails America. You can find something disgusting on every page of this bill. Just keep bringing it up because everyone needs to see the truth.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It's a waste of money (like most of that defunct backwards bill). The rate of recidivism among child molesters is so high that we should just fry them all. No point in rehabilitating them, they are wired to like little children.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Girls...it is all backdoor reparations! I had a video clip of Obama talking about how there was no need to push the reparations issue when there were other ways it could be accomplished. The video has been removed. If anyone could help me locate a new copy that would be great! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've got a rehab method for them. It's called "THE JUDGE." It's cheap to use and fits nicely into an oversized shoulder bag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree with Carpy, why single out Native Americans? It strikes me as racist to single out an individual group to provide services like this. Shouldn't they also be available to white, black, Hispanic and Asian families as well?

Can't rehab pedophiles, jail is where they belong.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've got to disagree mancos-- they cannot be rehabilitated....its been proven too many times thru repeat offenses....I'll go with the 'Judge' and the over sized handbag,thank you.
    hipgranny

Answer by hipgranny at 10:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Oh,to answer the actual ?.......be he/she black,white,indian,purple...well,you get the idea....the 'Judge' won't see color/race/ethnic background. I don't think this should be in the bill..hell,I don't think the BILL itself should've passed.
    hipgranny

Answer by hipgranny at 10:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You must have misunderstood be Hipgranny. I said quite clearly you CAN'T rehab them.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Certainly I do not have anything against helping children who have been victims of child molestation but this is some bs.First of all it isn't just freaks out there who happen to be Indian molesting children.There are freaks of all colors and backgrounds.They won't be fixed either so thats a load of crap.I have known folks who have worked places where they have to counsel freaks like that and there isn't any fixing for that mess.Keep it easy on the tax payer I say purchase a bullet and end it all for the freaks...done and over no nice lethal injection and no sitting in prison soaking up the tax dollars year after year.
    This HC bill is a joke.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2010