Is it ok to lay on your stomach?

I read a lot and the most comfortable position for me is on my stomach. I am not showing yet I am only supposedly 3 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to put pressure on my stomach like that or can it cause me to miscarriage?

Spiritamomulus

Asked by Spiritamomulus at 5:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No your fine, at 3 weeks your uterus is still below your pelvic bone. Your uterus does not pop up above the pelvic bone til around 12 weeks. As long as it causes you no pain then it is fine to lay on your stomach.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You're perfectly fine at 3 weeks to lay on your tummy... heck when I was 7 months I was "Craving" laying on my tummy - probably because I was so uncomfortable. So I took a lawn chaise and cut the center out of it , put an egg crate foam (hole cut in that too) on it and lay down on my front , with my big ole belly poking through almost touching the floor. LOL Anyhow, you're in no danger at your stage.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 6:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• How ever you can get comfortable is the rule for the whole pregnancy.

People will tell you to always sleep on your left so you don't crush your vena cava and stop blood to the baby. A 400lb weight *might* crush your vena cava but sleeping on your back or side or tummy won't. If you were crushing your vena cava, your legs would be completely numb and blue.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i layed on mine till i was like 19 weeks then it started to bug me so i stoped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• At 24 weeks I'm still sleeping on my stomach. It's the only way to get comfortable!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2010