Have you tried the mayo/apple cider vinegar treatment for dry hair?

My friend kept telling me to do it because we have really hard water and my hair just felt like straw. So I went online reading about it and everyone was saying "omg don't do it, leaves your hair smelly and oily". But then I found a place where a hairdresser put it out there - and I followed her instructions. OMG! My hair feels great And looks great!

Wet my hair w/ cider vinegar, put 2 tablespoons of real mayo in my hair, piled it up and sat in the sun for 20 minutes (can use hot towels too) , rinsed it out with 1 gallon of bottled water with 2 cups apple cider vinegar in it, then washed it and conditioned it normally (still using the bottled water) the final rinse was 1 cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water. My hair is SO hydrated, SHINY and even in wind gusts up to 40 mph yesterday, it didn't tangle! And no oily look or smell.

If you have dry hair or hard water, you have to try this! It's cheap, easy and SO worth it

ItsNotSoBad

Asked by ItsNotSoBad at 6:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• This may sound weird but I have used that before when I was a child but it was to kill lice. It didn't leave my hair stinky and come to think of it, my hair was shiny and silky after doing so.
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010