Maid of honor and wedding etiquette...

My sister is the maid of honor in a friend's wedding. The bride's mother had been invited to most of my sister's events. Her baby shower, Christening, and wedding. Now the bride sent out save the date cards but didn't send one to my mom. Since my sis is the maid of honor, wouldn't the bride invite the maid of honor's mother? Also the brides maid usually plan the bridal shower no? My sis wasn't involved at all. The bride's mom planned it on her own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• sometimes people have more than 1 shower,, I think your sis should plan a "just friends' shower or bacholer party. I wouldn't read too much into your Mom not being invited, it may not have crossed their mind! You don't know if the mother was planning a mostly family only thing or what!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Theres only one shower and it's huge. This girl is getting married at a country club! op here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The maid of honors mother isn't required to be sent anything. If she is invited as a guest, that should be plenty.
    The maid of honor is usually responsible for the shower but if mother already beat you to it, then it should have been the mother to include you first in the arrangement. Just look at it like this: less stress for your sis.
    But your sis, being the maid of honor should go ahead and throw a bachelorette party and forget to invite the mother. Its for the main attendants and the bride's friends anyway.
    Anais426

Answer by Anais426 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I would say that the Maid of Honors mother isnt required to be invited.
    If the mom already threw the shower- then your sister should just be grateful that she didnt need to be responsible for the arrangements or cost- and now she can devote her time and money into having an amazing backlorette party!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010