i have a question about sex? plz help

im 38 weeks pregnant and im 1 cm is it still safe to have sex? i forgot to ask my doctor but im having a s.c this tuesday because my baby wights 9 pounds 8 oz and his longs ant ready so i have to go another week and she said by then he will wight 10 pounds so hes to big for me to have him natural and also i have gestational diabetes so thats why he bigger but any way ......... is sex safe what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well you can start your labor by having sex! It depends on if you want that to happen or not! I admire you for even wanting to, by the time I was that PG the last thing I wanted to do was have sex, LOL!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i kno right?! lol..i was the same way..but def agree with abovE-it prolly will jumpstart ur labor
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I had sex after I started to dialate (sp?). I think it's ok as long as your mucus plug is intact.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You can have sex, unless otherwise directed by your doctor, until your water breaks.

If you are cool with the scheduled c-section, good luck. But, even with gestational diabetes- the chances that your doctor is wrong with the baby's size is greater than 60%. You could easily still birth a 7-8 pound baby, because they really cannot tell you the exact size. It is just a guess. That and 10 pound babies are not too big either. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i wud try to go natural not a c section! docs told me my baby was really big and he was 7lbs 6 oz. if things go wrng where u cant go natural do emergency csection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I believe my doctor told me not to when I was that far along and being that your having a SCS I wouldnt want to make yourself go into labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I had 3 very large babies (10 lb 2 1/2 oz, 9 lb 13oz, and 9lb 6oz) and I'm glad I had them vaginally. I think you're okay to participate in "marital activity"!!! (hahaha), just watch for it to jump-start your labor!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• As long as your dr didn't say anything, go for it. You're 38wks anyhow.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Risk your husbands trust. THIS IS YOUR SISTER, he is talking about. My ex had behaved disrespectful about me in front of my close brother when we were married. My brother never told me until after the divorce. I would have wanted to know it during the bad marriage because I felt obligated by my ridiculous religious upbringing to stay in it. Had I know this info at that time, it would have saved me lots of embarassment and shame that I experienced just by being his wife.
    I resent hidden secrets, and I am sure your sister would too. If you tell her and she does nothing about it, then at least you put it out on the table for her to sort it out. But by not telling her, she gets no choice.
    Anais426

Answer by Anais426 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You can have sex sa long as your water isn't broken.... Shoot I wasn't even thinking about sex at that point lol it hurt me
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2010