Hi! im trying to relactate but can not afford a high grade pump. Any body go through this befor? i have a regular pump and my child is 10 1/2 months and cant get him to relatch. Any suggestions on getting an older baby to lactch and how should i get my milk in?

* I have been pumping with a regular pump ten minutes or more out of the day, the rest of the day...like every two to three hourse i do the marmet technique. I have been feeling like a wet sensations in my breast sometimes and i noticed they feel more full and tender. i have not had a period b/c of an IUD. what do you think?*

momma2b060509

Asked by momma2b060509 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how long has it been since you nursed on a regular basis?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Give them a sippy cup and be done with it. Everything happens for a reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• There are a lot of good BF groups on here- I would suggest that you search through those. 900 characters simply isn't enough to give an adequate answer, and you're going to get flack for even talking about relactating. I did, but it was easy for me- I have never completely stopped producing milk, have consistently been able to get at least 2 oz for the pas 9 years (since dd was born). Msg me if you would like a little info... But I truly suggest that you look at the BF groups rather than posting on boards.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Anon- everything does NOT happen for a "reason", nothing is pre-destined, and a lot of the time we have to face hard choices that leave us in a lurch. That whole sippy thing might be good for you, but it's not for every one else.

OP, that's the reason I said find a group.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Too late to start again you either breast feed or you dont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Again with the ignorant anon.

Relactation is absolutely doable- EVEN MEN CAN BREASTFEED. It simply takes stimulation, and a little herbal intervention to produce milk.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Contact the La Leche League and a Lactation Nurse. They will be able to help. It can take more than a year after weaning for your milk to fully dry up, so don't get discouraged. And like said before, join the breastfeeding groups here at CM.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• brewers yeast works well. woman use it to nurse adopted babies all the time.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• If your stupid to answer the question then don't!

It's that simply.

I would suggest joining one of the many breastfeeding groups here on Cafemom for help. Breastfeeding Moms Against Formula (other than for medical reasons) group is really helpful. Several of those moms have been through this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• **simple not simply. Sorry...NAK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2010