Why is it when ever we ask for justice the catholic seem to take it as an attack on their religion?

All we want is the kids to receive true justice. We want the church to hand over the guilty. How is that attacking your faith? It isn't it is asking for justice. It is protecting our children. You want to see innocent priest get attacked. Let the church keep hiding the guilty and you will see parents attacking the priest. You will see vigilantes. You will see violence. So which would you prefer an investigation with legal justice or violence. Take your pick. Stand your ground and help get justice for the children.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Since the Pope communicates directly with God, maybe God doesn't give a shit about his Priests molesting innocent children.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree I am telling you the Catholic church could have avoided all this if they had done the right thing from the begining. Those with their faith intact also see the injustice. No one is attacking their faith it is the organization that screwed up big time!

Answer by older at 9:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Parents are really pissed right now and scared. It is a normal reaction in all the horror that has been allowed to be covered up. I think the Catholic faith is beautiful and deserves to have the innocent names cleared. Until full investigations are done there will be protest and people will still react out of fear and anger. Do I think its right to react in such a manner....No I do not.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Catholic ladies PLEASE don't bit. Take any comments you find offensive to your journals or other groups.

Stand tall with God here and don't fight back. Show love and compassion. Jesus said we would be perscuted. Lets show our Christians side. Even if you have to remind yourself every hour, minute or second please turn the other cheek.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• *bite
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Regardless to how wise you are, when you argue with a fool you always look foolish.
    Anonymous

• Persecuted?!!! Excuse me? Bringing child molesters to justice is persecution?!!!1

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• as a wise Catholic lady always said, don't encourage the goat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• heck I do not see arguing here, do you?

Answer by older at 10:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I was raised catholic but I do not practice because as a modern woman, I cannot belong to a society that preaches against us. I had a friend marry recently by the church and she was uneasy by the matrimonial classes required. At one session the priest emphasized that she should remain "unequal" to her husband. He put it in the context that the husband needs to be considered the breadwinner at all times which makes him head of household, which in turn, makes him the head decision maker. No buts or ands about it. I totally disagree especially if I bring home an income too. My husband is my equal if I picked to marry him. Even if I stay home later with the babies, I still will have a say so in my household.
    The day the catholic church turns modern, I may return.
    On abuse: Resentment that the previous popes turned a blind eye to the charges is sickening. They feel many will leave the church. Hence, protestant.
    Anais426

Answer by Anais426 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2010