Plants for landscaping?

I need some suggestion on plants for landscaping...I'm thinking I'd like evergreens because I hear they hold up in the winter, instead of looking dead and gross... I want bushes and shrubs, nothing too big. Any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what kind to look for!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• holly bushs are pretty in the winter. i drive by a house that a landscaper owns, and he left his hydrangea blooms out all winter. they were brown of course, but still added color (brown blooms vs. white snow), texture and height. they have a blue house, so it might not look as good against a white house. i have a huge mum up front that blooms in the fall, and i leave it uncut until spring. i also have a row of boxwood bushes up front, they stay green all winter.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• What Planting Zone are you? There is Burning Bush(red in color),Harry Lawlers Walking Stick(really interesting plant kinda spiral creates interest all year, different grass. If you need some more ideas leave a message on my chatterbox. Happy Planting!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Go to michigan bulb company's website. They have different gardens already mapped out. Depending on the sun/area you want to plant them in, they sell you everything you need for that specific garden. Its easy :)
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2010