Do you think it is selfish?

Do you think it is selfish to only want one child? I have heard moms on here say they love it just being them and their child. What about the child having a playmate it's own age? Or when one parent wants a child or another child and the other doesn't because they don't want anything distracting them from the child they already have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont think its selfish to only want one child if thats what you feel is best for your family. Having children is not a decision to be taken lightly. It should be thought out and everyone in the family needs to be in agreeance.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No it's not selfish at all. Why would it be? We are overcrowded as is. People have children like it's their God given right, and breed like rabbits. There is NO wrong reasons to not have children, or to have a small family.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Nope, I think the # of children you have is a personal decision and the only opinion that matters is that of your spouse/so. Otherwise it is nobody else's business.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's selfish and it certainly is more affordable. I had four kids (all grown now) and it was hard when they were growing up because I could never buy just one of something, there always had to be four - of everything! And even though I did my best and loved them all, I still feel that none of them got the individual attention they deserved. I was stretched to the max!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010