How do you manage your parents and your children? (question about elder care)

Are there any services available for the elder who live in their own apartment but are unable to take care of themselves but want to maintain their independence meaning that they won't go to live in a facility for the elder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• op, you have to contact your local social services, tell them your predicament and ask what is available where you live. I live in Miami, there are ton of programs here, but I do not know about elsewhere.

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• If they have medicare and medicaid they do, otherwise you are on your own. My mom has both but she also has me, she has lived with me for the last 25 years since my dad died unexpectedly, she is now going to be 91 in May and I take care of her just like she took care of me.

Answer by older at 10:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Older, What kind of services are available through medicare and medicaid Thank you so much for the post. op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Older, Thanks again. op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• you are welcome, and good luck!

Answer by older at 10:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2010