OMGood Grief... My MIL and SIL are coming to my house for first time next weekend. I'm so damn nervous! Help!!???

I've been married 3 year next month. My husband was a bachelor for 38 years and his family is very particular over him. Now, I respect that my MIL waited this long to come for a visit (she lives 7 hours away and we've been to see her a few times) but having your MIL at your house for the first time just wracks your nerves. Is the bed gonna be good enough, are you expected to cook 3 meals a day for 4 days straight, should I buy her brand of vodka, buy new towels for her to use, . I'm married to her baby boy and I don't want her to be disappointed with her visit - good grief I already feel like an ant under a magnifying glass! Help?!! I have one week to get it together!!! What if she doesn't like the way I take care of her son? What if she and I just don't have anything to talk about? I was NEVER this nervous over my first MIL - but I really, really, really love my husband and want this to be a big success for his sake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Take it easy, As long as the house is reasonably clean and the towels are clean you will be fine. I would maybe cook a couple of meals ahead so you don't have to spend to much time in the kitchen. By a small bottle of her brand of vodka and maybe some other spirits as well.
    Anonymous

• you should be fine lol
    let them visit
    and be nice it shouldnt and couldnt be that bad you dont know mine lol
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 10:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Get a HUGE bottle of vodka,lol... Keep her liquored up, she won't care about anything,lol.. J/K You will be fine, I had my MIL here last yr and I was sooo nervous, she's a vegetarian and I didn't know what to make for her.. I also had a kidney infection, and stones, I was miserable. It all worked out, she left,lol.... Just be yourself, if she doesn't like it, oh well, her son is a big boy, he married you, and lives 7 hours from her so it's apparent he doesn't mind being away from her.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2010