Anyone have big age differences in their kids?? Like 10 years or more??

Just wondering what it is like. I would love to add another to our family. Just wondering what other families experiances are. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mom has a:
    24 y/o
    21 y/o (me)
    15 y/o
    12 y/o
    2 and a half y/o.
    Us older kids love it! The 12 y/o acts like a second mommy to our little brother. Over all, it's a joy to have him around. The only thing that worries me is I'll be near my 40's when he's my age=[
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My sister is 10.5 years older than me. She spend more than 10 years being the only child and then all of a sudden had a baby take away all of mom and dad's attention. She resented me and was mean to me. She went off to college when I was 8 years old and then I spent the next 10 years living like an only child. My sister feels more like an aunt to me. When we used to go shopping together, sales clerks would call her my mom.

Big age gaps work for some families. In my case, it hasn't.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My kids right now are 12, 10, 8, 16 months and I'm due in July. It's not something I would have planned (my older 3 were from my 1st marriage and then I married a man who never had children). My older ones are wanting to go and do - we always went to an amusement park in the summer, and a water park, etc. - places that aren't really convenient to be carting around little ones. The older ones are very sweet to their baby brother and don't seem to show any resentment, but it's more difficult for me to have to plan childcare so I can continue to do the things with the older ones that they are interested in.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Baby number 3 came along when big brothers were 7.5 and 9. It has been awesome! They love being big brothers, there is no jealousy etc. We are all enjoying baby sister together.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my sister has a 23yr old 19yr old 10yr old and a 3 month yr old. 2 kids being 10yrs apart. she is very happy. the 10yr old was jealous during the preg and first week home but after she stopd breast feeding it was like a totally different older sister now she helps out as much as she can. the 23yr old even has a 3yr old.
    Anonymous

• LOL...not me...but my parents.
    I'm 26
    Brother 25
    Sister 23
    Brother 10 (with mom and step-father)
    Sister 5 (with dad and step-mother)
    calebsmama713

Answer by calebsmama713 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have 5 kids and there is 10.5 yrs between my oldest and my youngest.
    Alynn74

Answer by Alynn74 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have 2 sisters that are 10 years older than me, I also have a sister that is 1.5 older and 10 months younger than me. I get along MUCH better with my oldest sisters than the other 2. Now it could just be a personality clash or a clash of how we perseve things to how we were raised, seeing as how only 2 of the 4 are my half sisters and only 1 was raised much to the same way as me and we still don't get along and are complete opposites! Just depends on personalities and how close your family is.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• mine are 13, 10 and 3months old. I love it the help is great
    thepowerof3

Answer by thepowerof3 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2010