Love the one your with?

What happens when you no longer love the one your with and you are falling in love with someone else? Do you throw away what you know for something unknown and hope it all works out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'll say this again, I've said it before.....I truly believe in it:

Never leave the one you love for the one you like, because the one you like will leave you for the one they love.

If you are "falling out of love" with your SO, and think the feelings are developing somewhere else for someone else....then something is missing. I say, figure out what it is that is missing and try to make it work with your SO. It isn't as easy to fall out of love as you think. If it was there before, it's still there....just try to rediscover it.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 11:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Heck no. We all fall out of love sometimes and it is easy to fall in love with someone you don't have to live with. Spend time with your SO now and see if you can recall the feelings.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I didn't love the one i used to be with. So when i found a REAL man who knew how to love & respect me....i left that asshole lightning fast & never looked back. Yeah, some people said i was screwed up for leaving my ex, but not many people knew how much of a jerk he was. Best decision i ever made in my life.

If your current husband it a good man though, i would seriously take a good look at your situation & ask yourself exactly what it is you want for yourself & your children.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Falling out of love with the one you are with happens from time to time in all relationships. My concern is where did you find this man that you are falling in love with? Why are you spending energy on this man? How are you spending your energy on this man? This man is going to cause you to feel even more so the lack of love for your husband because you are wasting the energy on him instead of spending it on the one you are with. You must be lacking something in your relationship and it's up to you and your significant other to figure it out. Be honest with your significant other if you want to save the relationship. But, that's your first decision: Do you want to save this relationship? Ask yourself this as if there were no other man, as if this other man suddenly decides that he wants nothing to do with you and are not interested in you for anything. You've got a lot to mull over, I'd suggest getting the other person out
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 6:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• of your life for a while to start off with! He's only going to give you more reason than you need to want to leave the relationship...the grass may look greener on the other side right now but beware, it could be full of manure!
    AWomansMind

• omg. if your SO is a good man WHY WHY WHY would u wanna leave him! heres some advice for u: how about u focus on your SO and your relatiionship INSTEAD of focusing on another man. get the pixie dust outta your eyes and fix the relationship u are already in. how about u take the energy u are putting into this other man and invest it with your SO and watach how the sparks come back. love is a choice. lead your heart dont let your heart lead u. this is the problem ppl looking OUTSIDE of their relationship for what they are missing. take a step back, check yourself out, stop chasing after lust, and focus on your SO and your family. also GET THAT OTHER MAN OUTTA YOUR LIFE NOW =. is he really worth u throwing away your family and destroying your SO and kids lives.. huh
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2010