Anyone have big age differences in their kids?? Like 10 years or more??

Just wondering what it is like. I would love to add another to our family. Just wondering what other families experiances are. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not yet, but, if I ever get married...my only child is 14...LOL You can do the math. I am 33 and no where close to being in a relationship, let alone married. *sigh*...I was unmarried an 19 when I had him, I haven't been in a sreious relationship before or after then, so,I probably will never get the oppourtunity to know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have a 13 year old daughter and 2 year old twins. It worked out great for us. My older daughter was getting to an age where she was ready for a little less constant attention by the time the twins were born. She does help with the younger ones some (we don't ask her to help too much as they are not her responsibility, but she is very willing), and the little ones love and enjoy their big sister so much. My older one is always proud of the twins accomplishments and proud when she teaches them things, and the little ones really look up to her. Since we are older parents with the twins, they benefit from having an older sister who is still really silly and fun, and she benefits from learning what's involved with caring for young children and taking on more responsibility for herself. All around it has been a win, win, win situation for our family. I think our family is stronger and closer than ever.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I think I answered this in a different category, but anyway the kids are 18,16, 8 & 6 years old. I would not do it any different. There are different issues than with kids all close in age. In the beginning taking a newborn and toddler to the older boys ball games, scout meeting and camp outs was ummm interesting, but we survived. Now it is learning to drive, dating, or prom at one moment and setting up play dates, learning to read or write in cursive the next. I can say there is definitely not a dull moment.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 11:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Braden's Mom - 33 is NOT old! It may happen for you yet. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Thanks..I don't think so really, but, since I can't seem to get/stay in a relationship, it isn't looking good. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We have 5 children...4,4,12,17,19. The oldest 3 are my step-kids. I'm 33 and hope to have many more children. The age difference works well for us.
    Anonymous

• I have a 5 month old son with my 2nd husband, my kids from my first marriage are just toddlers, but my new husband has a 10 year old son with an ex-girlfriend. My step-son loves being a big brother. My husband and I were a little worried because Zac was an only child for so long but he loves my kids and always refers to them as his sisters and brother (not step sisters and step brother) and he thinks its cool to have a baby brother. My youngest brother is 11 years younger than me but I wasn't an only child, I have 4 other siblings between my youngest brother and myself.
    Anonymous

• I have 17,16 ,11 then remarried and have 6,4, and 1 year old.My older ones are so much help and all mymkids really seem to get along.
    kimberlyal

Answer by kimberlyal at 11:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My son is 17. In a few months I'm going to adopt a newborn. My sister's two daughters were 18 years apart. If you want another and have the energy, go for it ! :)
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010