How friendly are you with your neighbors?

IDK why but I have no luck with neighbors. We moved last July and while a few talk to us, a lot don't. I actually have been ignored by some when I walk by them or wave to them. I mean we are clean, quiet, and keep up with our house. My girlfriend just moved also and she is very close with most of hers. They come over for coffee and even parties. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe just let it go... If they want a relationship with you let them come to you. Smile when you see them, but don't go out of your way to get your feelings hurt.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We wave and/or say hi to the people on either side of us and across the street when we see each other outside. Sometimes the one couple asks about our son. Our mailman is slightly retarded so we drop off mail occassionally. That's really about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• What kind of neighborhood do you live in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• OP here: Mostly white and a few Asian. Upper class. Just being honest. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Personally, My husband and I are very private people, we like to keep to ourselves and mind our own business and hope that our neighbors do the same lol....but we wave or say hello to each other, we have a cute little old man neighbor who gives the kids stuffed animals for Christmas...very nice of him.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We all keep to ourselves mostly. We wave hi if we pass but thats about it. I like it that way. I don't like people in our business
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We all talk but don't really go over to each others houses to hang out. There are 12 houses on our block. Only three houses have kids (including ours), one house has kids almost the same age as ours so they are all in the same classes at school so we all talk. Most of us have issues with dogs digging out from under our fences so we all return each others dogs to each other. Luckily all the houses on our street are very understanding of the dog issue (plus all of our dogs are very very friendly and don't tear up things or get into stuff).

I would say not to worry about it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I love most of my neighbors but I know which ones just want to be left alone and not because they are mean or rude, its just because they are out there for a reason and they dont want to be disturbed so I can appreciate that. I wouldnt look to much into it. Just keep being nice and waving and maybe one day they will open up some.
    pattimak

Answer by pattimak at 12:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We are somewhat private as well but we do get along well with our neighbors, we've been over a few times. Other than them we really do not talk to anyone else, we are a small newer community in our city.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my neighbors are good people and we have block parties and we get invited to parties its nice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010