I need money. I'm a sahm. I'm getting a car soon, and I'd like money to at least pay for auto insurance.any advice?

sahm needs $!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Do childcare! Make sure you are set up and baby proofed and advertise yourself on craigslist. Even if you just allow drop ins on weekends or only do a few hours during the week it makes some decent money. I charge $3.10 for potty trained and up, $3.25 for 2-potty trained and under 2 I charge $3.40. I have a playroom and big playset in my backyard and I never have to worry about having kids to watch because people are always knocking down my door. Well...you have to love kids too!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 12:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• How about doing Partylite, Avon, Mary Kay, Passion Parties or something like that?
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with the post above. I was this way too and I started child care now I'm listed with the state! I love being able to stay at home and make extra money.
    ErikaM27

Answer by ErikaM27 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I work at home with Ameriplan. I love it and this month I ended up brining in more money than my husband even though I only work about 2 hours a day! There are lots of things you can do. I only wanted about $100 a week to help with groceries. Now my goals are set higher.
    FamilyBenefits

Answer by FamilyBenefits at 12:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I had an in-home daycare for 15 years and it made money and was enjoyable.
    adamandramona

Answer by adamandramona at 1:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would take care of kids. It does sound like an ok idea. It's just that I'm nervous about it because I already have my 2 sons ages 8 months and 2 (almost 3) years old. and also worried that I wouldn't know what to do with all the kids all day.
    xMisfitMommiex

Answer by xMisfitMommiex at 1:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I do AmeriPlan for extra money! It's so worthwhile. Check out my website: www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ABubbett
    ambubbett

Answer by ambubbett at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'm a Passion Parties consultant. I am single, in college and work a full time job. My PP income allows me a little extra spending money. Contact me if your interested. partiesbyyvonne@yahoo.com or www.partiesbyyvonne.com
    ymbotello

Answer by ymbotello at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you are interested, my blog has a lot of tips on making more money.
    http://makingthensaving.blogspot.com
    calicostatue

Answer by calicostatue at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i work from home and i work with a company and have a family if you would like to get more infomation please go to www.stayinhomeandlovinit.com/DanielleR
    tigger81007

Answer by tigger81007 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008