How can i get my 15 week old to take a bottle?

I have only breastfed my son since the day he was born. I do not want to quit breastfeeding, I just want to be able to give him a bottle of breast milk when necessary. My daughter will be having minor surgery later this month and while I am at the hospital with my daughter, my husband will be at home with our son. More than likely he will want to eat at some point while I'm gone. Any suggestions?

rromero2

Asked by rromero2 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies won't take a bottle no matter what. Have your husband bring the baby to the hospital and meet you somewhere you can nurse and he can stay with your daughter while you are nursing. That way he gets to be with your daughter part of the time also.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree that you should be able to have the baby with you or brought to you at the hospital. That is what I would do in that situation. I have an 8 & 9 yr old and a 9 month old who does not take bottles. I always just bring baby with me with whatever I need to do with the older kids. Especially with a young infant, I'd just bring her to the hospital. I'd tuck baby into a sling and still be able to be there for my older child. Maybe Dad could sit w/ baby int he waiting room, go for a walk with baby etc. and bring him to you as needed.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• ALTERNATELY...hand baby to dad, get the heck outta dodge. Mom giving the bottle is generally a waste of mom's time. If mom is gone, the bottle may be better accepted.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2010