How do I get my toddler to stop being so bossy?

I have noticed that my daughter Rayna which is almost 4 yrs old is getting very bossy to other kids. She doesnt hit or anything like that but she is very persuasive. She has always been independent but ever since I had her sister Jenna (10 months ago) and she started pre-school its has got worse. Rayna's teacher has even said something about it and I dont know what to do. She thinks she is a princess and being the first kid and grand kid she has been spoiled but now its getting out of hand.

Anyone have any advise on what I should do?

pattimak

Asked by pattimak at 12:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• is anyone bossy to her? I had a cousin like that.
    Anonymous

• Not that I am aware of. I try to discuss things with her and get her to understand things and my husband is a go with the flow type of guy too so unless another kid at school is teaching her then I have no clue.
    pattimak

Answer by pattimak at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have a similar issue with my son. So, I read no long ago a book that Publix Supermarkets gave me. It looks like an encyclopedia about children care from born to 7 y.o.; It said that it's something normal on that age,however it needs to be redirected in the right direction without discourage them of any leader skills they may have. My son is 4 and a half and he is like that but my husband is same way, so I know who's got it from. Nevertheless, they're old enough to learn when doing that is right and when it's wrong. It's a little hard but don't punish her and don't take it so seriously. Every thing in this age vanishes so soon. I try to enjoy my boy in this precious age that goes away so fast.

CACHARRA

Answer by CACHARRA at 5:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010