Why is Sudafed still on the market?

If it's such an "active" ingredient in the making of Meth, why are they just trying to make it available by prescription only? Why can't they just take it off the market period? I don't think there is anyone who can't live without it, right? So, why is it still here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because of people like me. I need it for my ears. Nothing else works for the plugging. I have tubes in both ears and when they start plugging up that is what I have to take. I have to sign my life away for it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Check the package,it may be the new decongestant that does not contain pseudoepedrine. I know our stores only allow you to get 2 pkgs per day
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Well, right TMJ, but it's all over our news how towns are starting to make it available to sript only. But what I am asking is WHY?
    Anonymous

• well they are still going ot sell arosol (sp) cans...and tons of people "huff" that... if they are going to take one thing that can be harmful in the wrong hand, down....they would have to get rid of everything that can be.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Probably because enough people complained. My point was,is the stuff you looked at pseudoephedrine? Maybe the other stuff doesn't work well for some people.Stores here contact police if theres a run on people buying sudafed.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Thanks Carpy. That is what I was looking for.
    Anonymous