Ideas for smaller meals a day?

I guess I'm getting messed up by the word "meal." I'd like eat smaller portions and snacks I guess you could say but I don't know what you make. Any ideas?

Oh and I'm a vegan

ArkTech

Asked by ArkTech at 12:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• use a smaller plate. Can't help you with the vegan thing. Why do you need to eat less VEGETABLES?
    Anonymous

• I don't know exactly what you can and can't eat on a vegan diet...but here's a sample of what I like that is meat and dairy free (don't know about vegan though...)

wake up 6am and have a banana
    8am bowl of oatmeal
    11 am few tablespoons of hummus with Wheat Thins flatbread crackers and some chopped veggies
    2pm salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries, and chopped walnuts with balsamic vinegar.
    5-7PM dinner (typically involves meat) but on a meat free day, we have 15 bean soup with crackers
    9pm fresh fruit with low fat graham cracker and a cup of decaf coffee

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Tis the best advice is using a smaller plate like a salad plate. Make the normal things you do. Just be conscious of how much you put on your plate. After a while it will be like second nature. I hope this helps as it was meant too.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• LOL anon!
    hmm get a measuring cup and only use the 1/2 and scoop it when you make it.
    Works great with pasta. OR drink a bottle of water right before you eat :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Anon-vegans eat more veggies than most. It means no animal products.

ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am eating 7 small meals/snacks a day because I have gestational diabetes. So far today, for breakfast I had one egg and a piece of toast with a glass of milk, midmorning I had yogurt, lunch I had a salad w/ 1 slice of pizza with crystal light, afternoon snack I usually have peanut butter & crackers with water, for supper we are having chicken and rice casserole and green beans (I will just have a small serving on a salad plate), at night I usually have a handful of almonds and slice of cheese 2 hours after supper, and then just before bed I have a glass of milk and 1/2 peanut butter sandwich. Obviously I'm not vegan, so this would need to be tweaked - just an idea.

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010