when thinking about having another baby did you?

how big was the age difference.... i think we may want another later on down the road... but right now all we can think is that it would take time away from our son he is alsmost 16 months old we were thinking of waiting till maybe 4 or 5 i think we just like to se everything Jakson does and dont want to take attention away from him... how did you deal with this? how did your other kiddos deal with it?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Waiting at least 3 years is a really good idea. It gives your body time to recover and it makes it easier on your child when the baby comes.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I also think it is a good idea to wait, 2 of my boys are 4 years apart and it was alot easier and I think my oldest son was more welcoming at that time of the new baby.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My oldest 2 are 16 months apart in age. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened. However, these two kids are so close. In some ways they are like twins. They are built in best friends and enemies. But at the end of the day they really love each other. They are nearly inseparable. The older one, even at 16 months old, looked out for the younger one. You would think she was "his" baby rather than mine.

Our next child was 5 and 6 years younger than the older two. They both love him and look out for him, but the relationship is definitely different. In all honesty, even at this age, I can tell they do sometimes get jealous of the attention the younger one gets. We have to constantly remind them that they got this much attention and possibly more at his age.
    Anonymous

• My two are 22 months apart. It was hard at first, but my older one loved his baby sister to death, from the moment she came home. They're almost 3 and almost 1 now, and you can tell they love each other. Yes, there are times when my son will get annoyed that the baby is trying to get into his things and getting in his way, but he also goes out of his way to share with her and make sure she's included. And because my son was so young when my daughter was born, he won't remember ever being an only child, so there wasn't much he had to get used to; it was honestly more of an adjustment for me (yes, I resented the baby at first for taking my time away from my son, but I got over it, and I still make a point of having one-on-one time with both of them).

I like the 2-year age gap and really wouldn't want much more because then you have to get readjusted to all the baby stuff. But that's just me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've read that it's best to have another either before the first is 2 years old or older than 5. We had our second when our first was 5 years, 2 months old. It's working out great.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart and it's perfect - they are interested in the same things at the same time and play together incredibly well! My 4th and 5th are going to be 20 months apart (#5 due in July) and my dh knew if we were going to have #5 it would be very close in age so they would be like my 2nd and 3rd.
    By choice, I would have had all of them very close together (my 1st 3 are from my ex, then I married my husband who never had kids). It's hard having them spaced out because the older ones want to be going and doing things that aren't easy to tag along with one so much younger.
    I get asked all the time if my 2nd (boy) and 3rd (girl) are twins because they look as close in age as they are - I think it's funny and if they are around they usually tell people yes! lol

Answer by missanc at 1:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We did the first 2. They are 2.5 years apart. The 3rd, however, is my pill baby. There is 10 and 8 years between the 1st two and the 3rd. We almost named him "Oops".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Me and my sister are 4 1/2 years apart and it was hard because we didn't go through the same things at the same time. My daughter is 19 months and I want to have another one ASAP.
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 5:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2010