Is there anything I can kill ants with in my house, that won't hurt my kids?

I am already starting to see ants!! What can I do to get rid of them safely?! There are a few small kids running around daily, and I want to make sure they are safe! Thanks!

jamieobrien_84

Asked by jamieobrien_84 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• go to ecosmart.com
    we use their ant spray in our home. we spray at night after the kids go to bed b/c the smell is strong at first. the ant spray is cinnamon and clove oil. it works very well and safe for kids and pets. they make other products too.

does anyone know of a natural mosquito yard spray that works? we used garlic oil, but it is not great.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Cinnamon

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Grits. Give them time to eat them and then load them up with water. That should kill them quickly.
    skrawli

Answer by skrawli at 12:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Pepper works, but it depends on the type of ant you have....I have seen woman put out sugar then spray the ants with water, they do this until the ants are no longer coming in.
    Another thing is pouring bleach around the base of your house.
    My husband feels that pouring kerosene into the ant hills and lighting them on fire is the only way....He won't be getting his way any time soon, he's such a man, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I just put out cornmeal because they can't digest it and they take it back to their colony. It's been 2 days and I haven't seen any in the past 24 hours. Hope it continues to work!
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010