Have you ever breastfed in a restaurant?

I was just reading about a mom who got kicked out of an Old Country Buffet in MN recently for breastfeeding her baby and it made me curious. I was wondering how many moms here have nursed in a restaurant? I know that I personally have many times, I even nursed my son in an OCB a couple of weeks ago!

Here is my list (I know it's longer than this but I can't remember the names of some of them, lol):
Old Country Buffet, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Subway, MacDonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, Perkins, Chinese Buffet (several different ones) and other smaller restaurants and cafes that are not chains, not to mention grocery stores and the mall :)

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 1:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am the mom who was in the news for bfing in ocb. I have always bfed in public and never had an issue. I did bring a blnket but he doesnt keep them on. if any one has more questions for me feel free to ask. I am gald i have so much support
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes. I couldn't possibly come up with a list, but when they are really little unless you want to be tied to the house you kinda have to. Although I was always very discreet, using a blanket to cover up and from working in a restaurant I know there are some women who almost WANT everyone to see and cause a scene.

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've nursed in Denny's, Bob Evan's, Burger King, and Macaroni Grill. Maybe a few others too. In my state, you cannot be kicked out for doing so. Breastfeeding is protected in any establishment where the mother is permitted to be. So technically I could nurse in the DMV, a courthouse, pretty much anywhere.
    Anonymous

• I have breastfed my kids anywhere and everywhere! I could never come up with a list, it would be too long ;-)
    I have breastfed my baby while walking up and down the aisles of the supermarket, pushing the shopping cart with my one free hand.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have, just local restaurants, but I always cover up. I felt awkward doing it when I was alone.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have. Not very often, because my baby hasn't gone through many phases where she wants to eat all the time, so she's usually been good being fed right before we go out and lasts until we get home. And I'm not comfortable nursing in public, not because I care whether people see it, but because nothing compares to the comfort of my couch at home, lol. I don't remember which restaurants I have nursed in, but the most anyone's ever said to me was a waitress bringing me extra drink because she remembered nursing making her really thirsty. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• maggiemom2000: Ah, the art of nursing while walking! I didn't have to learn that one until my second came along, lol.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Breastfed everywhere, never covered up. Hope the mom sues!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• "know there are some women who almost WANT everyone to see and cause a scene. " I have never seen this! I think it makes a much bigger "scene" to drape a blanket over yourself or use one of those nursing covers. It is like a big sign "BREASTFEEDING BABY UNDER HERE!" I have never covered up with a blanket, but I also have no desire for anyone to see my boobs. I simply lift my shirt and latch baby on. I think half the time people don't even realize I am nursing.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• LOL I wonder where these mythical breastfeeders are that wave their boobs around and put on a show.

I've breastfed in many restaurants. I do NOT cover up, and have never even gotten enough attention for a negative reaction.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2010