Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister has a daughter and wants to leave her husband??

She wants to leave him, but its his place his stuff I guess the only thing she has is her daughter .. What can she do or file for him not to accuse her of home abandoment (??) Please some advice.

She wants to leave him because he is cheating and degrates her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • is the child his?

    Answer by MoMoFu at 1:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Yes the child is his and she is 7 months old

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • yeaaa build a case. if you gotta go you gotta go. she should expect to run away and not be sought after.

    Answer by MoMoFu at 1:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Well I think she should contact a lawyer, tell him/her of hubby's cheating and how hubby treats her and get the lawyers advice on what she should do next. I think she is doing the right thing (leaving hubby) and I wish her a lot of luck!!

    Answer by MizLee at 2:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • She can file for divorce. If he is cheating he is at fault. She does need to stay until the divorce papers are drawn up and everything or she could lose custody of their child, and get nothing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • find a good lawyer and before u do anything go talk to him and dont tell a sole , and i mean this, that u r going to see the lawyer. u need to know what yr own options r. if hes cheating the attoneys very often have pis who can get what u need to move on with the divorce. and remember dont tell anyone u have made the appt and go asap. good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • I must be slow today.... Why doesn't she just leave?

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • If she has proof, she can provide that and get an at-fault divorce. She can get a temporary order to vacate for HIM, his place or not. He will be court ordered to leave if he's abusive and stay in the home with her child. A lot of times the court will want the child to remain in their current environment (meaning their home) instead of leaving. Talk to a lawyer and get info. Many times you can ask questions for free.

    Answer by rio_burb at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.