when did your baby cut their first teeth?

my son is 3 months old and he acts like he is teething. he chews on his fist and he doesn't suck on his passy, he chews on it! i stuck my knuckle in his mouth and he just gummed away on it! he also just starts screamin out of nowhere. he can be smiling and the next thing i know he screams to the top of his lungs! also how can i tell if they are coming in?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son cut his first at 3 months and the next right after 4 months. I could see his teeth under his gums the day he was born so I expected them to come early and they did. Some babies "teethe" for months before an actual tooth cuts.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like teething. Check for red or swollen gums or little white areas just under the gum surface.
    Anonymous

• My daughter showed signs of teething off and on since she was 6 mos old. She didn't cut her first tooth until 17 mos.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• 2 of mine started actively teething (like you describe) at 3 months and the first tooth came through at 5 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• 4 months
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my daughter was 4 months and my son was 9 months.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I think my kids were 5-6 months old but they started teething a while before that. It took a while for those first ones to cut through.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My sons first tooth cut at exactly 10 months old, I have recorded in his baby book when each one has grown in. The dentist told me the later they grow in the more straight his teeth are likely to be. My husband and I both have good teeth and my son is now three and all of his are very straight so I guess the dentist was right so far.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• He could very well be teething. Doesn't mean he'll CUT teeth for months...but teething, yes. My son got his first tooth at 7 months. My daughter got hers at 10.5 months lol. They both started teething LONG before then, though!
    calebsmama713

Answer by calebsmama713 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2010