pros and cons with 1 child or more than one child?

what do you think the pros and cons are of only having one child?
what do you think the pros and cons are of having more than one child?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 3. They are mostly grown now (26, 23, and 15). I don't remember even having 1 child. They were each others playmates, enemies, best/worst friend, companions, and babysitter. The 15 year old is the one who is more of an "only child" and he doesn't like it when the older ones are too busy to "play". Having 3 is easy. It was never "3 times the work". It has always been "3 times the fun".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Hmmm. Only children get all of your attention and love, is probably easier to manage in terms of homework and friends and activities, etc. The expense for caring for an online child is less, and that child could likely have more in the material sense. Only children may be more independent because they didn't have other kids to compete or lean on growing up when parents just "won't do." However, they may also be more dependent on parents, they can be spoiled, and I think children learning to share and grow together is a good thing because once they leave mommy and daddy the world is not going to cater to them as we do. Siblings also provide a constant source of love, friendship, and companionship (YES, even when they hate each other!). I have my sister's back, and I know she has mine. But no parent should have more kids than they can handle and give love to, so there's no ONE right thing for everyone!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Yeah...that should read "ONLY" child not "ONLINE" child...although an online child would be far less messy... :-D
    ErinHill226

• what do you think the pros and cons are of only having one child? You can keep the cute sports car and not have to buy a van.

what do you think the pros and cons are of having more than one child? When they get old enough, they can help you clean. If you have enough kids, they can do all the cleaning.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• lol I know there are pros and cons financially and haveing a far less hectic schedule. I have a 5 year old, 4 year old fraternal twins and 3 month old identical twins! I'll also soon be an official step-mom to a 10 year old son. I am glad I had more than one child. It's more hectic and my daughters certainly fight like sisters but its also more rewarding in my opinion. I come from a large family, I have two sisters and 5 brothers. It's crazy when I go to my parents house and my siblings are all there, I swear as soon as we get on the property we digress about 10 years and act like kids again. I'm 24 and my brother, Damon, is 21 but last week at our parents house I was chasing him through the house and around the yard ready to kick his ass for squirting me with a squirt gun - my mom just sort of stood there shaking her head, then told me to stop picking on my brothers (because Matt, 15, and Connor, 18,got involved in the chase)
    Anonymous

• I have 3 and I love seeing them interact now they are grown up. They are 33, 32 and 30
    Anonymous

• Only children turn out weird IMO....I have no clue why.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2010