Milk more fattening than french fries?

I saw a commercial that said 1 glass of 2% milk has more fat than a small order of french fries. I think this is bull! Plus I compared the fat content of a small order of McDonald's fries to 1 serving of 2% milk and it's not even close. Anyone know where this is coming from? Did they just pull it out of their a$$ to sell their soy milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You also have to understand that there are healthy fats and unhealthy fats. Nuts contain high amounts of fat, but of the healthy kind. People know so little about nutrition and companies use that. Most people don't realize that you need to eat protein with your carbs/sugars, because protein slows the release of the glucose into the blood and make you feel fuller longer, either.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No idea but sounds like bull to me. I don't like milk or french fries though.
    Anonymous

• As pp said, there are healthy fats and nonhealthy fats. Saturated fats are worse than regular fats. French fries have a lot of saturated fats, especialy when fried. Milk has healthy fats, and yes, it is high.
    Anonymous

• I was curious about this original question as well after seeing a commercial. Here's what I have for info. 1 cup of 2% milk has 130 calories compared to a small fries at 230 calories,
    45 milk calories from fat vs. 100 fries calories from fat,
    5 total fat in milk vs. 11 total fat in fries ,
    3 saturated fat in milk 3 vs 1.5 saturated fat in fries,
    26 carbs in milk vs 13 carbs in fries,
    9 protein in milk vs 3 protein in fries

So, technically, yes the commercial is correct in saying that there is more saturated fat in 2% milk than a small fry from McDonald's but the overall picture looks very different. Not to mention, who really eats a small fry other than toddlers?
    Anonymous

• Mixed up the carbs count in my above answer, it should read that there are 13 carbs in the cup of milk and 26 in the fries. In addition, the fries have very little nutritional value.
    Anonymous