Red poop TMI

So, my son is one and he's been having red poop. I only noticed it after I gave him a strawberry nutrigrain bar, but he hasn't had one for like a wk and his poop is still like that. I'm getting kinda worried. Has anyone had this happen w/ their kids?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That happened to my daughter on antibiotics. Anything else he's taken or eaten that might do it?

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• crayons? jello? nothing else red? if you are sure that he hasnt eaten anything, then you should take him to the dr.

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My son had red poop while on an antibiotic. I called the doctor because I was worried and was told that it was normal for that antibiotic but I can't remember the name.

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• He is on some meds for ear infection. That is a white medicine and a cough med which is like a light pink. Would that cause it to be red?? I think he was on the meds before this started tho. :S
    He doesn't play w/ crayons. Hasn't had jello and I can't think of anything else red he had.

• The antibiotic that my son was on was white too. So that could be why. Omnicef can cause red poop. Is that what he is taking?

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2010