Who agrees?

The whole "my grandparents did it and my parents are fine. And my parents did it and I am fine..." is getting old? Yeah, my mom fed me fried eggs at 2 weeks..every morning. I refuse to do that to any kid. I also used a car seat.
Also, the "It tastes awful to me, so, I won't feed it to my child." is crap too. I HATE! oatmeal, but, I fed it to my son, I HATE! baked sweet potatoes, but, I fed it to my son...he loved them both.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 2:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• every child is different and have different tastes. Let them decide what they like and dont like (food wise, entertainment wise) keep them safe, guide them, teach them, but remember they are there own people and will have their own opinions.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 2:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I HATE the "well we didn't have car seats" argument

yea, the kids who died are not around to have the same argument
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I get tired of people arguing that the baby cereal tastes yucky so don't feed it to your kid. My son loved the heck out of that "yucky" stuff. I can see saying that it isn't nutritious as an argument or not needed, but, saying YOU don't like it is just dumb. I would hate to know I deprived my child of a favorite food just because I hated it.

And if there is scientific, documented proof why one was is now better than an old way, WHY continue to stay stuck in that rut. Learn and try the improved safer way...geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Why don't we just let parents PARENT their own children and leave the judgements in our private thoughts. Not everyone can be perfect like you all I guess.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• mizuzT- how's that attitude working for you? Make any more kiss my @$$ statements?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Well, mizuzT....Why won't parents try to do the best for their child and not act like it will kill them to learn a thing or two. No one said we were perfect, but, at least we try to research and do the best possible for our kids. Apparently you are feeling ashamed because you know you didn't try hard enough. Too bad. If you didn't like my qustion, why didn't you just stay out and keep quiet?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The people who say that also fail to realize that death rates are down in babies. They're healthier. They grow better.

I can't stand it when people say, "It worked for our ancestors. It'll work for me!" in relation to anything. Times change. People change. Change is a good thing. Traditions can be the death of many things.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• yeah, i hated my grandma trying to feed my son cereal at 2 wks. I had to be SUPER UGLY to her. She would say "it was fine when you were a baby, it didnt hurt you"...oh, and sleeping on his stomache!!!! I would just tell her i dont care what they did with me that i'm not going against his pediatricians advice.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

Sure bitch just lead the way.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 8:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Why is it any of your concern what parents do or don't do for their children. They are not you kids. Do what is best for you and your family, and I might add get a hobby rather than sitting at a computer thinking about what other people do with their lives rather than living your own.
    Anonymous