How does you SO help you when you have to breastfeed in public places?

My dh actually helps me to cover up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just want to say that I do not have deep seeded sexual issues with my breasts. I think most mammals prefer to nurse in surroundings they are comfortable with. I don't think its unnatural for me to feel uncomfortable nursing on a mall bench...even though I'm sure I'm safe I don't like to draw attention to myself. I have no problem with other women BFing in public, more power to ya.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• he never did- I guess I never required assistance... My little ones refused to be covered, if you did, they wouldn't eat. Covering wasn't an option, and I had to use public transit, so I guess i never really thought about it. My ex-husband hated that I BF, he was extremely possessive, and jealous of the baby... freak.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Mine would just hang out with me. less people stare when there are two of you.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Helps you cover up? Breastfeeding moms don't need to cover up. Many babies don't like it. I wouldn't want my husband covering my up.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Hmm...he's never helped me breastfeed in public. I don't require help for that. He did help when my baby & I were figuring out nursing, though.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Other than keeping me company, he had no role

Answer by rkoloms at 2:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• He helped by staying out of the way and getting me something to drink.=. The one time he tried to cover me was RIDICULOUS. I stopped covering when we both realized it was drawing more attention than a line of Vegas showgirls.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• As much as I support public breastfeeding, i was super shy about it and didnt do it that often (id nurse in the car before shopping or whatever -- NO I NEVER USED THE RESTROOM!)... So Dh would kinda stand as a wall while I got everything situated & then he would just chat with me & would remind me 100x over "no one can see anything, relax, relax. relax" lol...
    Im hoping im more relaxed about it next time around.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I dont ever nurse out in public and have only seen like two mothers in my entire life actually do that, this world has changed quit a bit but more power to you if you feel comfortable doing it. I however have nursed my son while hes in his car seat and were driving, yes it can be done very uncomfortable though and I just put a blanket over us. I make sure to nurse right befor we leave the house normally and bring a formula bottle just incase.
    Anonymous

• If I need him to help with anything, yes.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010