How can I get my 3 year old daughter to quit going to the bathroom outside?

Everytime my daughter goes outside to play she uses the bathroom out there. For the past few days she has even been pooping out there. I have tried to get her on a schedule to go to the restroom but it doesn't help. What do I do?

lilmama121406

Asked by lilmama121406 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have no idea my son thinks he need to fertilized each tree outside too

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My youngest did that - turned out it was a phase. By the time he was 4 - it has long-since passed. My first learned to not pee in his little training pants by peeing off the front porch - yeah, that was a sight for the neighbors and passersby.
    LOL My goodness I don't have a definitive answer - maybe put her potty out there and teach her to use it out there, then slowly foot by foot move it into the house. As much of a pain and embarrassment as it is there really isn't anything *wrong* with her going outside (if she's not going in her pants) - she IS learning step by step. There is the usual "make a game of it" but whatever you do, don't scold or punish her, it's just one of those things that mommies have to endure sometimes. GL Mommy.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 3:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• LOL. First, you can't schedule her going to the bathroom. You can take her before you go out, and let her know that if she comes in to go potty, she can go back out. But if you catch her going potty outside, she has to come in and stay in.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010