Did you get a password from the Department of Education for you to access your child's information?

My son brought a form with a password for me to access to the electronic/internet system of the Department of Education. There is information about my son's attendance, curriculum, and progress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a convenience for parents to keep them up to date in a fast easy way. Teachers are still just as available as they were before. Why in the world would anyone complain about it? If the government wanted more control wouldn't they want to keep you in the dark as much as possible. How is providing more information about your child's education a bad thing?

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 5:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• a lot of schools seem to be doing this. I can access my sons grades that is if the teachers find time to put them up :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Oh no big deal. Just part of the government taking over the education system.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Seriously? The government took over education in the neighborhood of 50 years ago. It was called 'Compulsory Public Education'. The founding of the DoE, taking taxes to pay for public schools...all of this is the government taking over education.

This is just the government using technology. *eyeroll*
    Anonymous

• Both of my kids schools gave me a password to check their progress online. I don't, though. If I have a question (after seeing all the papers, homework, and tests that are brought home each day) I call the school and talk to the teacher, or go visit in person. I prefer to deal with any problems in person rather than online, especially if it concerns my kids.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Haven't seen that yet, but online tracking is nothing new at our school. Some of the teachers provide it, others don't. My son's current teacher does NOT and I wish that he did. His teacher last year had everything online and it was very helpful.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My sons school just started this in the winter. I love it!!!
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 4:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010